16/07/2013

Gluten Free Tagliatelle Carbonara

I'm really liking this pasta at the moment, I like the texture of this a bit more than the dried stuff. I also like the fact that it's ready in 3 minutes.

I also really like Carbonara and this was no exception. It was easy to make and the non gluten free other half still liked it.


The original recipe that I adapted is here

Serves 2 - 3

Ingredients:
300 g Free From Tagliatelle
150 ml double cream
2 garlic cloves
100 g Pecorino, grated (you can use Parmesan)
2 eggs
1 small or 1/2 large onion
110 g streaky bacon, chopped (I used this is this as this is all I had left, I'd suggest using 150 g)
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and Pepper

Method:

  1. Boil the kettle. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions and drain. Keep some of the cooking water to one side.
  2. Start to fry the chopped bacon pieces in the oil and cook until it starts to crisp, then add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onion starts to soften. 
  3. While the bacon is cooking, whisk the 2 eggs with the double cream and most of the cheese. 
  4. Add the pasta to the pan with the onions, add the cream mixture and stir through on a very low light.
  5. Season and serve with the remaining grated cheese

I used Pecorino as I like this cheese and it is a bit less expensive than Parmesan. Overall this cost under £5.00 for the both of us as we had half each, I actually think you could get away with 3 servings!

No comments:

Post a Comment