16/03/2013

Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins

I've been baking a lot the past 2 days to get everything ready for my birthday get together tonight, so I'll have a few bakes to share with you over the next couple of days. I've had no kitchen disasters and everything has pretty much turned out as planned. There's always some things that need improving and some things to that you can do better, but that's half the fun of baking. Plus everyone's tastes are individual and different so I will not be surprised if people do make some alterations to these recipes.

I made the recipe gluten free by using plain free from flour from Asda.




The muffins tasted quite soft and light, with the taste of cinnamon coming through then you get the taste of the blueberries. This is definitely a recipe that I'd do again, as it literally took me 10  to 15 minutes to put all the ingredients together and get them ready, then 20 to bake them. I did test one  ;-) still warm from the oven and I had to restrain myself from eating them all before everyone came round.

Makes 12 muffins

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup of Plain Free From Flour or Doves Farm gluten free plain flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder (make sure it is gluten free - Dr Oetker is if you are in doubt)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 cup semi skimmed milk
1 egg
1/4 cup of oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1  1/2 cups of blueberries

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 200 C 
  2. I put all of the dry ingredients into a bowl, whisked the egg separately then added the rest of the ingredients apart from the blueberries into the bowl. Mix together with a spoon until the mixture becomes nice and smooth, as soon as it is please stop as you don't want to over stir this.
  3. Add the blueberries and  fold these into the mixture
  4. Put into greased muffin tins or line with muffin cases and fill evenly between the cases.
  5. Bake for about 20 minutes or until you test with a knife and this comes out clean.
  6. Leave to cool down for 10 minutes and put onto a wire rack

The originally recipe that I adapted is here.



Why not give these easy muffins a go and let me know what you think?
I hope you all enjoy your weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment