11/02/2013

Turkey and Courgette Burgers

Another site that I've been browsing a lot lately is www.skinnytaste.com, this is a great all round site for people looking to have some healthier options. The food is quite varied and can be made gluten free quite easily, with just a few simple changes. Some of the recipes are already naturally gluten free.

During the last 2 years, I've being going through a complete lifestyle change. As well as going gluten free, I've been trying to incorporate more vegetables into my diet and also trying to eat fish / seafood once a week. I also try and exercise at least 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes, I must admit that some days it's harder than others to get motivated. I do always feel better after I've been though.

Today I've been making Turkey Burgers with Zucchini (Courgette).

I thought this would be a guilt free way to enjoy a burger, whilst remaining gluten free and also keep the calories down. 


I made these gluten free by subbing the wholemeal bread for warburtons brown bread.

The burgers held together really well and didn't fall apart when I cooked them.

Whilst I liked the idea of these burgers and the texture was really good. I think the courgette helped to keep the burger moist so that it didn't dry out. I didn't really get on with the courgette in the burger. As turkey isn't the strongest flavour, I found that the courgette overpowered this quite a bit.

I may try some other variations on this though, possibly with carrot in instead and maybe a light blue cheese sauce.

Please do still try this burger. It wasn't exactly to my taste, but I did still enjoy the burger.

You can find the recipe on the following site:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/05/turkey-burgers-with-zucchini.html




No comments:

Post a Comment