30/11/2013

Garlic Cheese, Herb and Gammon Spaghetti

We often cook a smoked gammon joint in the slow cooker then use this for sandwiches or lunches to take to work. We'll often find ourselves with some left though, so we decided we'd use some up in some pasta. 

I don't know about you, but sometimes when I get home from work, all I want to do is relax and have some time to myself or with the other half before we have to go back to work again. Don't get me wrong, I do like cooking but I don't always feel like it. This recipe is great for those days and the good thing is you can change the flavour easily to your taste.



Serves 2

Ingredients:
250 g Spaghetti (I used gluten free)
200 g Pack Garlic and Herb Cream Cheese
100 - 150 g leftover Smoked Gammon
1 handful of Parmesan / Pecorino Cheese
Salt & Pepper

Method:
  1. Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet.
  2. Drain the pasta, but reserve some of the cooking liquid.
  3. Add the spaghetti back to the pan, add the cream cheese, ham and stir through. Keep on the heat and add the reserved cooking water until you get the spaghetti to the required consistency.
  4. Add half the remaining cheese to the spaghetti, then sprinkle the rest on top when you serve it up.
I know this is a very simple recipe, but with the different flavours of cream cheese you can get it's very

No comments:

Post a Comment