20/08/2013

Courgette Carbonara

I really enjoyed this dinner tonight, it was really simple to make and felt like the courgettes added an extra little something to the dish.

It was just creamy enough, without being too much.



I made some slight changes to the original Jamie Oliver recipe here:

  • I halved the original recipe as I was only making this for 2 people.
  • I added 1 large courgette and this gave plenty for this recipe.
  • I used light single cream to make it a little lighter.
  • I used gluten free spaghetti instead of penne.
  • I used mixed herbs instead of thyme, as these are what I had in
  • I added a pinch of garlic salt
If you like carbonara, then I suggest you try this easy recipe. You can always go easy on the cheese if you're looking to shave off a few extra calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment