25/09/2013

Leftover Beef Chilli with Thornleys Chilli Con Carne Mix

I was nicely sent some Thornleys Gluten Free Sauce mixes to try out, you can see their website here.  We went on a bike ride yesterday, so by the time it came to dinner time we were pretty tired and didn't really feel like cooking much.


We'd previously bought a fairly large brisket (I think it was about 1.4 kg raw), we slow cooked the joint and had some as part of a dinner with some vegetables on Sunday. I was happy to have the Thornleys Chilli Con Carne mix on hand. It was easy to use and I loved the flavours in it. It was also just around the right amount of spice for me, although the other half likes things a bit spicier so did add some extra to his.


We basically followed the instructions on the packet, the only change we made was that we subbed the minced beef for 400 g of cooked beef brisket. Aside from the beef, you only need a tin of chopped tomatoes and a tin of kidney beans. I did add a fried onion mine as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment