25/09/2013

Prawn Tempura

I tried my hand at prawn tempura recently and it turned out pretty successful. I did however have a slight accident with the oil and succeeded in burning myself. Anyone who knows me will know how clumsy I am, so the other half did have to take over this half way. 

The original recipe I used was from the BBC Food website here



I did make a few changes to this recipe to make it gluten free:

  • I swapped the plain flour for plain gluten free flour
  • Instead of beer I used cider, as this is what I had in the house. You can of course you gluten free beer if you have this available.
  • I also used gluten free soy sauce.
I found the batter a little too loose, so I added a bit of extra flour to mine. It's definitely one I will be trying again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment