23/03/2013

Double Chocolate Chip Muffins

These double chocolate chip muffins were very easy to make, this did make 12 muffins, but next time I think I will use 3 eggs as this seems to enough for 12 decent sized muffins, unless of course you want to make cupcakes.


Makes 12 muffins

I weighed my eggs and then weighed out the butter, sugar and flour to be the same as the eggs. As these were chocolate, I subbed part of the flour for cocoa powder.

Ingredients:


125 g eggs (this is what my eggs weighed)
100 g plain gluten free flour
25 g cocoa powder (unsweetened)
2 tsp of baking powder
125 caster sugar
100 g milk chocolate chopped up (or you can is milk chocolate chips, or dark if you prefer)

Method:

  1. Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl until the butter starts to turn light and until it is completely mixed together and smooth
  2. Add the eggs and continue to mix with an electric whisk until the mixture becomes smooth again.
  3. Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into the bowl and mix until fully combined. If the mixture is a bit stiff, then you can add a little milk.
  4. Add the chocolate chips / chopped chocolate and stir in.
  5. Add the mixture into 12 muffin cases and put in the oven on 190 C
  6. Cook for approx 20 minutes or until the muffins are fully cooked and
I'll be looking into improving my piping skills next, so feel free to share any tips with me for those of you who are more experienced at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment