25/04/2013

Bacon and mixed pepper frittata

It's been a while since I've had frittata and I forget how much I like it. For something so simple, it tastes good. The flavours worked well together and it was nice to have something a quick and easy. All of the ingredients were gluten free and it was very easy to make. It makes for a perfect weekday evening meal in my book. 



Next time, I think I'll make goats cheese and asparagus frittata seeing as though it's in season right now.

Serves 2 - 3

Ingredients:

6 medium eggs
A small glug of milk
1 handful of frozen peppers
1 small onion, chopped
6 rashers of bacon, chopped (I used smoked), chopped
1 handful of grated cheese
1 small bunch of chives, chopped
A few basil leaves, chopped
Salt and pepper
Oil

Method:

  1. Fry the onion on a medium heat, until the onions begin to soften. Add the bacon and cook the bacon for a few minutes. Add the frozen peppers and cook for another few minutes until the peppers are cooked through.
  2. Whisk the eggs with a small amount of milk, season with salt and pepper and add to the frying pan.
  3. Cook the frittata for a couple of minutes and when the bottom starts to cook and set, sprinkle the cheese, chives and basil over. When the bottom of the eggs are set, put under a hot grill.
  4. Cook until it's set on the top. We served ours with baked beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment