10/05/2013

Gluten Free Bacon, Pea and Tomato Spaghetti

It's been a bit of a hectic week at work this week, so I think I was having a moment when I made this pasta. It was supposed to be with mushrooms, but to be honest it worked just as well with the peas. 

It was a very quick tomato pasta, made with gluten free spaghetti. 


Ingredients:
  • 100 g gluten free spaghetti
  • 1/2 tin chopped tomatoes
  • 1 teaspoon of paprika
  • 1 teaspoon of chilli powder (or to taste)
  • Approx 80g of cooking bacon
  • 1 handful of frozen peas
  • Salt and pepper
Method:
  1. Fry the bacon on a medium heat. 
  2. In the meantime cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet.
  3. Add the tomatoes, chilli, paprika, salt and pepper to the pan. Continue to cook and reduce down while the spaghetti continues to cook.
  4. Add the peas at the end of the cooking time, add the cooked spaghetti.

This meal was fairly cheap and very quick and easy to make. It will be made again, but I do normally prefer to reduce my tomato sauce down more than I did here. It will be made again, but probably tweaked a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment