22/02/2013

Easy Cajun Chicken

Sometimes when I get home, all I want to do is sit down and relax. I do love cooking and particularly on the weekend when I have a lot of free time to experiment and to test out some new recipes. In the week though, I do like to have some simple go to recipes that I can just more or less pop into the oven. One of these is my easy Cajun chicken and when I say easy... I mean really easy!


Serves 2

Ingredients:

4 chicken thigh fillets - I use these quite often as they're more succulent that chicken breasts
Approx 2 tablespoons of Cajun spice (I used Asda Cajun seasoning for ease)
Salt and Pepper

Method
  1. Preheat your oven to 200 C
  2. Place your chicken thigh fillets on a board or a plate and sprinkle over the spice until the chicken is fully covered.
  3. Put into the oven and cook for approximately 30 minutes, turning half way through.
Meal Ideas

Use the chicken as burgers, serve in a gluten free ciabatta with a slice of avocado and a rasher of bacon (This is one of my favorites).

Serve it with a corn tortilla, salad, avacado and bacon (You the tortillas from Mexgrocer UK if your local store does not stock them)

Serve over a simple salad, for a nice tasty and healthy lunch

You can also serve with home made wedges and coleslaw.

Notes

You can also make this with chicken breasts if you prefer. If you are, I would suggest you slightly flatten it to ensure more even cooking.  




No comments:

Post a Comment