23/02/2013

Pork Loin Steaks with Mushroom Stroganoff Sauce


I found this recipe whilst looking for some inspiration for the leftover pork loin steaks in the freezer. I love Mushroom Stroganoff and haven't had it in a while, so I thought that this was perfect. I'm really glad I decided to make this recipe, because we both really enjoyed this and the flavours in the sauce came through really well.

The recipe was pretty on target with the amount of time this took to cook and I didn't feel as though I was rushing about and really slaving over the stove. The original recipe calls for wine (or broth as a replacement). I used 1 Knorr chicken stock cube to make the stock.



I decided to serve my Stroganoff with trimmed fine beans and white rice (I used long grain as this is what I had in, but normally I would use basmati). The kettle was pre-boiled when I originally started chopping the mushrooms and onions. This way I wouldn't be waiting for the kettle to boil whilst I was making the sauce. 

I tipped the beans into the pan and topped with water from the kettle and salt, brought to the boil and turned down the heat to medium. The beans should take approximately 10 minutes cooked this way, or just until the beans and cooked through to your taste. The white rice should take approximately 10 to 15 minutes to cook.  Please put 1 cup of rice into another pan, along with 2 cups of boiling water and a good pinch of salt. Please bring to the boil, then turn the heat down, put the lid on and cook until all of the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked through.


I then served pork in the Mushroom Stroganoff sauce with the beans and the rice. Next time I think I would actually slice the pork steaks, as opposed to leaving them whole like I did this time. A good recipe, that I would definitely make again.

You can find the recipe here.

Notes:

If you have any leftover rice, please make sure you refrigerate immediately once fully cooled and you can use this for egg fried rice. Just ensure that you use gluten free soy sauce if you are making egg fried rice.

What's your favourite uses for leftover rice?



No comments:

Post a Comment