27/02/2013

Slow Roasted Shoulder of Lamb

On our weekend visit to the market, one of the things we picked up was the shoulder of lamb. We both love lamb so were excited to try out some recipes for this. So whilst browsing the internet, I came across a recipe  that I'd like to try.



I'd like to say that this recipe turned out perfectly and the lamb was so tender it was falling apart, sadly.... it wasn't! Unfortunately I think this was not a great option for a mid week meal, as we both work. The flavours in this recipe were really good, but it just needed cooking for a lot longer than the time we had. I think if I did this recipe again then we would pot roast it in the slow cooker, so it should be nice and tender by the time you get home without any fuss.

If you want to try  this recipe then just make sure that you have enough time to be able to do it justice as it does have potential for a great dish. I'd recommend this for a Sunday Dinner rather than a mid week meal.




No comments:

Post a Comment